VANILLA CREAM PIE & Variations
Mix in saucepan:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 + 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- Mix in gradually 3 cups milk
Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until mixture
thickens & boils. Boil one minute, remove from heat.
Slowly stir HALF the mixture into 3 egg yolks, beaten slightly.
Blend into hot mixutre in sauce pan. Boil one minute more.
Remove from heat and blend in:
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 + 1/2 tsp vanilla
1) Pour mixture into cooled BAKED pie shell.
2) Chill before serving.
- COCONUT CREAM: Fold in 3/4 cup coconut
- BANANA CREAM: Place 1/2" thick layer of sliced
bananas on bottom of shell
- CHOCOLATE CREAM: Increase sugar to 1 + 1/2 cup, add
3 squares (3 oz) cut up UNsweetened chocolate with milk
Find a broken link? Have comments or suggestions?|
Feel free to e-mail the webmaster
© 1999 - 2001