"FRIED GREEN TOMATOES"
- 8 large green tomatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs (try the Italian seasoned kind !)
1) Coat tomato slices with flour, then dip in egg seasoned with salt, pepper and hot sauce; then, finally in bread crumbs.
2) Brown on both sides over medium heat in 1/2" of oil.
3) Serve hot, with extra hot sauce if desired.
Find a broken link? Have comments or suggestions?|
Feel free to e-mail the webmaster