1) Brown onion & garlic in 1 Tbsp. oil. Add tomato & squish until smooth.
2) Add 1 Tbsp. more oil to skillet....saute tomato mixture another 5 min.
3) Add chicken broth to tomato mixture, simmer 30 minutes.
4) Slice tortillas into 1 " strips, fry until crisp in remaining oil. Drain.
5) Cut chiles into bite size pieces & fry until light brown. Drain.
6) To serve, put a handfull of cheese in each bowl, top with fried tortilla strips, spoon hot soup over each.
7) Serve the avocados & peppers as garnish, along with lime.