"BARBARA'S TACO CASSEROLE"
.....by Aunt Barbara
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- at least 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1/2 can diced green chiles (Ortega)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can olives, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 or more ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium can red chili sauce, hot or hot enchilada sauce (I.E. Las Palmas Red Chili Sauce)
1) Brown onions & hamburger, drain.
2) Add all other ingredients, except tortillas & cheese.
3) In 9 X 13 X 2 pan, layer tortillas, hamburger mixture & cheese. Repeat till all gone.
4) Bake 20 minutes at 425 degrees, top with more cheddar.
5) Bake 5-10 minutes more until cheddar is melted. Remove from oven.
6) Let stand 10 minutes, covered with foil, before serving.
Find a broken link? Have comments or suggestions?|
Feel free to e-mail the webmaster