.....by Carl, (A Texan)
".....AYE, THERE'S THE RUB. Spicy!! Chicken, pork & fish. Marinate as you see fit. Put on meat dry & rub in gently prior to grilling or broiling. Brush on a little melted butter, then coat with rub, to blacken."
(...Carl also asked me to include this DISCLAIMER: "....stating that he is NOT responsible for the improper use of this product.") ...Grin....
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Chinese mustard, 1/2 tsp. if you like it spicier.
1) Mix well, putting an even coating on.
2) Coats approximately 6-8 chicken breast filets.
1) Replace portion of paprika or cayenne pepper with Old Bay Seasoning. Milder flavor, good on fish.
2) Replace portion or all of salt with garlic salt. Keeps away vampires.
3) Add 1/2 to 1 tsp. tarragon or use to replace the Chinese mustard. Interesting flavor.
4) Mix with white worcestershire sauce to make a paste & use to baste chicken or ribs on the grill.
Find a broken link? Have comments or suggestions?|
Feel free to e-mail the webmaster